WE ARE HIRING!
RETAIL STORE MANAGER, Little Tokyo, Los Angeles
We are looking for a results-driven, customer-focused Store Manager to be responsible for the soon-to-open flagship retail store for our out-of-this-world company that creates bags, apparel, accessories, and general radness for the Super Beings of Earth and beyond. Come and join our small but growing team that is focused on quality made fun, local & ethical production, environmentally made products, and great customer service! Your role is to set up retail store policies and procedures that align with company goals and values; hire, train, and manage store sales associates effectively, meet or exceed store sales and profitability goals; promote excellent customer service and satisfaction; manage store inventory, pricing, and display; suggest innovative ideas to build customer traffic, sales, and profitability; and foster a fun and inviting store environment. A successful Store Manager will have proven experience managing a retail store and be personable, motivated, innovative, organized, and trend-savvy. Ultimately, the Store Manager should be able to successfully get our store up and running and then foster and execute ongoing productive, welcoming, on-brand, smooth operations so we can all become even more awesome!
Profitability and Performance
- Meet or exceed profitability store performance goals by maximizing sales and controlling expenses.
- Develop and implement a store strategic and marketing plan, with input from Owner, to achieve store performance goals. Regularly monitor performance to plan and update plan as appropriate.
- Prepare an annual budget, schedule expenditures, analyze variances, and initiating corrective actions as needed to achieve performance goals.
- Formulate pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities, determining appropriate sales promotions, authorizing clearance sales, and studying trends.
- Keep track of in-store inventory. Ensure availability of merchandise by maintaining inventories and communicating with Production Manager and Owner about in-store inventory needs.
- Develop relationships to be a good ambassador of our brand to the surrounding business community.
- Propose, develop, and implement innovative ideas and business strategies to increase our pool of customers, expand store traffic, build per-customer results, and optimize profitability.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent customer service.
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and existing customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Deal with all issues that arise from store employees or customers.
- Complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees’ shifts.
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Motivate, mentor, and provide feedback to store sales associates to meet performance goals.
- Monitor and appraise performance of store sales associates.
Store Appearance and Systems
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Uphold outstanding visual merchandise standards. Set, reset, and organize in-store product displays to maintain appearance. Re-merchandise as product turns over and new product arrives.
- Secure merchandise and money by implementing security systems and guidelines for managing cash till as it pertains to store employees’ counting and access.
- Recommend systems for improving store operations, efficiency, and profitability.
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
Coordination with Online Business
- Create, maintain, and ensure compliance with store policies and procedures that are consistent with company values and online business. Coordinate efforts with Office Manager and Customer Fulfillment Associate.
- Work with Office Manager to coordinate store and online inventory needs, product launches, and promotions.
- Contribute to company team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Handle additional Store Manager duties as needed.
- Proven successful experience as a retail manager
- Adept at selling and promotional techniques and customer management
- Skilled with physical store layout, flow, product display, and ambience
- People-friendly and excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Self-starting, motivated, and results-driven
- Driven to seek continual improvement
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Creative thinking skills and adept at suggesting innovative ideas
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Skilled at focusing on both the big picture and getting the details right
- Tuned into retail, fashion, and consumer trends
- Business-oriented; proficiency with budgeting and financial analysis
- Proficiency in Shopify
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Loves pizza and cats :-)
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Our full staff is vaccinated. As we open we will work together to establish guidelines for in store procedure.
Please email your Cover Letter & Resumé to Info@Mokuyobi.com & we will be in touch if we think you're a good fit.